If you’re trying to lose weight and not getting the results you’re looking for, there could be dozens of possible reasons. Assuming your difficulty in losing weight is not the result of medical conditions, hormonal issues, problems with compulsive eating, or prescription drug side effects, then the reasons can probably be traced to one of the following causes:
- Excessive, unhealthy snacking habits between meals and after dinner
- Often or always getting “seconds” after finishing your first plate of food
- Eating donuts or pastry every morning with your coffee
- Making it a consistent habit to have dessert after dinner every night (Exception: Healthy Desserts*)
- Eating a full-sized sub sandwich for lunch when a half of a sub would be nearly as satisfying
- Disregarding calorie listings on restaurant menus and just ordering whatever is the most decadent
- Going grocery shopping when you’re hungry
- Always making sure you’re stocked up on ice cream, chips, cookies, cheese and crackers, and other delicious but high-fat/high calorie foods
- Having a sedentary life style (avoiding unnecessary physical movement, including exercising, walking, sports activities, fitness classes, walking, stretching, yoga, etc.)
- Overindulging at Happy Hour on a regular basis (beer, chicken wings, chips, and high-calorie cocktails)
There are countless reasons you may be having difficulty losing weight or getting beyond a weight loss plateau, but since excessive body weight has been linked to a variety of serious health risks, it’s an issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly. The healthy weight loss tips I’m offering in this blog post are mostly based on common sense, observation of myself and others, and a lifelong curiosity about nutrition, fitness, and health.
If you’re having difficulty losing weight, the root cause of your problems may be a lack of awareness of the quantity and quality of food you’re eating every day. When dealing with potential or actual health issues, it’s essential to seek out accurate, authoritative, and personalized advice. A consultation with your physician and/or a certified dietician is an essential first step when you’re interested in losing weight safely and effectively. If you’re one of those people who want to lose weight without exercise, you’re in good company! Whether you’re intimidated by health club environments or you think you don’t have time to exercise on a regular basis, your hesitancy is understandable. Realize, however, that it may be just an excuse for venturing outside of your comfort zone. Very often the starting point for developing a strong and healthy body is to stretch the boundaries of your inner strength and self image. If you’ve been telling yourself that you’re not the kind of person who joins gyms, exercise classes, or sports clubs, perhaps you’ve been imposing self-defeating restrictions and limitations on yourself.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been reviewing a self-improvement course that has been providing me with some helpful tools for examining and revising my self image and identifying flawed assumptions. Manifestation Miracle offers valuable insights into analyzing your strengths and weaknesses, and making the most of your talents, capabilities, and human potential. The creators of this program also offer a free personalized assessment , sample guided meditations, and other resources. I haven’t completed my review of the entire program yet because there’s a lot to it, but I have picked up some helpful strategies for expanding positive things in my life and dismantling negative thought patterns and self-limiting beliefs.
*Note: Informational products featured on this blog are sold with an money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, you’ll receive a full refund, no questions asked. Disclaimer: My blog posts often include links to products and services for which I am a compensated affiliate. At the present time, I do not personally endorse these programs, although I invite and welcome your feedback. Feel free to email me at email@example.com .
You may also be interested in the personal development ideas I share in other blogs I’m developing including : Weight Loss Motivation Power Tips, Strategies for Being Happy and Healthy, How to Find Love in 2015 , and The Zen of Marketing Strategy.